Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Birthday, Aiden!!

Hi Everyone!

I can't believe 4 years ago, at 2:20am my water broke and a few hours later, Aiden came into my world.  He has given me joy and he is my world.  We celebrated his birthday on Saturday with his friends at the play gym.  He had a Cars theme.  So for his birthday, I wanted to make a Cars/ Lightning McQueen birthday card.

So… I dusted off my Imagine and I reluctantly dug out the Cars cartridge.  For those of you that have these Disney theme carts know what I mean.  They usually have so many intricate cuts and are such a pain to piece together.  Honestly, in hindsight, I should have just printed off something from the computer and fussy cut it.  Or printed an image off and colored it with my copics.

My Imagine was off calibration so I had to re-calibrate it after I already cut the image..ugh.  Then the red I chose was more of an orange color so I decided to just use red card stock.  It took me way longer than I had time for.

This is how it turned out:
I had to go in and color in spots where cuts were off.  I also chose not to cut the itty bitty pieces and decided to use my copics instead.  Not my best work at all.  I chose to cut it at 4.5 which is pretty large but that's the only way I can deal with the small pieces.

What are your tips for cutting out these detailed intricate cuts??  I'd love to know :)
Thanks for stopping by!!

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment