Sunday, April 13, 2014

Guest Designer for Sister Stamps :)



Hi everyone!!

I am so excited and honored to be the Guest Designer for Sister Stamps this month!! I was thrilled when Jenny asked me to be her next Guest Designer :) woo hoo! {happy dance}.

I absolutely adore all their stamps.  I have been a fan for a while now.  They are made from excellent quality, red rubber and are already mounted.  All you need to do is peel the white paper backing and place them on an acrylic block and you are all set.  You can also trim them so the edges don't catch extra ink- I was too excited to play with them that I didn't even bother trimming them :)  Honestly, if you know you will be fussy cutting the image anyway, there's really no need to trim the stamp (in my opinion).

This month's release includes two beautiful images- Wedding & Graduate.  Perfect timing for all those spring and summer weddings, and graduations.  I absolutely love the Wedding image.


I love weddings and one quote that comes to mind is, "and two shall become one".  So when I was thinking about what to create using the Wedding image, I immediately thought of creating a gate fold card.  This would be perfect to convey the feeling of two people joining together to become one.

I started by using an 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of card stock and trimming it to 5" x10".  This will create a square card at 5".  Rather than scoring the card stock in half, you score 2.5" from either end of the card stock.  When you fold on the score lines, the edges should meet in the middle.

Here is the video of my card process:



Here is the final card:


RECIPE:

STAMPS: 
sister stamps (main image) - wedding 
sweet stamp shop (cherry blossoms)
fiskars (sentiments)

COPICS:
skin: E000, E53
hair:  C3, C5, C7, B39, 0 colorless blender
wedding dress: (shadows) C1
groom's suit: C3, C5, C7, YR23
bride's head piece: YG23, RV23
cherry blossoms: R20, RV23

INKS:
memento- (images) tuxedo black, rich cocoa
stampin'up- (sky) bashful blue
versafine black (sentiment)

CARDSTOCK:
MFT (base)- cherry
Neena's solar white

As a fun aside, here's a a few photos after our wedding ceremony of my husband & I in Central Park, NYC.  I can't believe it will be 12 years in May!!




Some of our favorite pics from our Wedding banquet:


Thanks for watching!! 

Be sure to check out the Design Team's creations!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Judy! So cute your wedding photos! And I love how you made the cherry blossoms in the background and brought the bride and groom together with the gatefold card! Thanks for being our guest DT!

    ReplyDelete