Sunday, January 19, 2014

Scrapbook Layout, "No Voice"

Last week I had some time to spend in my craft room and created a layout.  Yay me!  I actually started this layout and came back 2 days later to finish it up.  It took me a total of 39 minutes to complete.  The photo I chose was taken after Christmas when I had lost my voice.  Yes.  My husband finally got his wish.  He always tells me "Just be quiet and come over here."  And maybe my 3-1/2 year old son also got his wish since I noticed I was getting more impatient with him during the weeks leading up to the holidays.  Either way, I felt it was a blessing in disguise since I had to be more patient and listen more and talk less (or in this case, not at all).

Below is the process video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm9esWxdWsE



For the layout, I used the January 2014 Scraptastic Kit- "Baby, It's Cold Outside".

Here's the recipe:

Time Spent: 39 minutes

Ingredients:
Background Paper:  Pebble- Front Porch, Porch Swing
Layers:  October Afternoon- Joy to the World
              Red Cardstock
              Carta Bella- Playful Plaid, Rough & Tumble
Embellishments:
              tag, washi tape, flair, wood die cuts- from the kit
              enamel dots- MME Kate & Co
Alphas:  Dear Lizzy Thickers- Treasure
Stickers/Labels:  Echo park
Stamps:  Studio Calico roller date stamp
Mists/Inks: Heidi Swapp- Color Shine- Gold Lame
                  Heidi Swapp- Color Shine- White
                  Liquid Pearls- Royal Blue
Tools:  Bic ultra fine marker in black for journaling



Here's the finished layout.  Enjoy!

             

No comments:

Post a Comment