Saturday, February 1, 2014

Guest Designer for Little Blue Button Stamps :)

Hi everyone!

I am super excited to share that I was asked to be the guest designer for Little Blue Button Stamps!  I was shocked and honored at the same time.  Olga sent me 3 digi images to work with.  I chose the "Everyone needs a hug" image.  For those of you who are new to digi images, they are fairly simple to work with.

Here is what I did using my Mac and HP printer:

  1. First, I downloaded the image.  
  2. For me, the easiest way to print them out was to click on the image, and select print from the top menu bar.  
  3. Once the print window popped up, I went to the "show details" option and was able to select how many copies of the images to print on the page.  I chose to print 6 on a page which creates the perfect sized image to feature on a card.
  4. I loaded my printer with Neena's solar white card stock (use whatever paper you like to color on).
  5. I usually wait at least a day or so before I start coloring just to make sure the printer ink does not smudge when I start to color.
What I love about the images is that it has such great detail.  This makes it easier to know which areas to shade.  Here is my process video on YouTube:


Here is the recipe:

Total Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients:
Copics:
  • skin- E000 E53
  • boy hair- E55 E57 E59
  • girl hair- E13 E35
  • jeans-  B93 B95 B97
  • boy hoodie, shoes- W4 W6
  • girl boots- E55 E57
  • girl dress and hair bow (Chromatix) grape1, 2, 3
Cardstock/Pattern Paper:
  • MFT cardstock in Nightshift Blue
  • Crate Paper - Acorn Avenue 6x6
Stamps:
  • LLB Stamps "Everyone needs a hug"
  • Lawn Fawn sentiment "On the Mend"
Tools/punches/dies:
  • Spellbinders- ovals
  • EK Sucess punch- Flourish Scroll
Embellishments:
  • Heidi Grace- adhesive dots
Inks:
  • Memento Luxe- Nautical Blue
  • StampinUp- Soft Sky
Here is the finished card:

Hope you enjoy the images as much as I do :) Definitely check out their website and blog.
Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment